The following resources are available for faculty, staff, students and others to report any suspected illegal or unethical conduct, and to seek assistance:
Reporting a crime: Contact Public Safety by dialing 610-648-3203. In an emergency, dial 911.
Assistance for victims of sexual violence, sexual abuse or sexual harassment:
- The Penn State Sexual Assault and Relationship Violence Hotline at 800-560-1637 or www.hotline.psu.edu, available 24/7.
- The University-wide designated sexual harassment resource person for students: The Director of Gender Equity Center at 814-863-2027.
- A list of sexual assault resources for each campus location.
If a child is a victim of any kind of abuse, including sexual abuse: Contact the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Services "ChildLine" at 800-932-0313.
Reporting ethical violations (including fraud, theft, conflict of interest and violations of University policy, including research compliance, discrimination and athletics-compliance issues):
- The Penn State Ethics and Compliance Hotline at 800-560-1637 or online, both anonymous and available 24/7.
- The Penn State Ethics website provides a listing of contacts.
The following University offices also are available:
- The Affirmative Action Office at 814-863-0471.
- The Employee Relations Division of the Office of Human Resources at 814-865-1473.
- The Office of Internal Audit at 814-865-9596.
- Human Resources Representative: Lisa Marranzini at 610-892-1211 or [email protected].
If it is not clear where to turn for assistance, any of these offices will guide the individual to someone who can help.
Training is available on many of the above topics. Please contact the Office of Human Resources' Center for Workplace Learning and Performance at 814-865-1473.
The University does not condone wrongful conduct by any member of the Penn State community no matter what his or her position is. Members of the University community are urged to speak up if they see or suspect illegal or unethical conduct, and to be assured that the University will protect them from retaliation.